Mark Harper draws from his 35+ years of experience in children's ministry to encourage, challenge, and equip you for the call to Children's Ministry on your life.
This book explains how Mark grew a thriving children's ministry and how you can too.
What's In The Red Book?:
• How to recruit and train volunteers
• Maintain a good relationship with other leaders in your church
• How to convey the Bible is a supernatural book
• How to share a bold message that will change children's lives
• Teach your children how to pray and expect
• How you can effectively encourage their church attendance
• How to help children make friends at church
• How to get your fifth-grade boys to worship
• Teach children the Word and show them how they can use it right now
• How to help them cultivate a powerful relationship with the Holy Spirit
• How to give them a heart for the lost
• Teach them how to evangelize in their own world
• How you can recognize and encourage young leaders
• Many, many more valuable nuggets to excite you, excite them and teach more effectively.
For thirty years and counting Mark Harper has been my friend. He’s not just a person I know, he’s someone I trust. He’s not just been a children’s pastor; he’s the kind of children’s pastor that has produced spiritual champions. Mark is a walking google of children’s ministry. Not only does he know a bunch of info about children’s ministry, he knows what matters most, and that’s what this book is all about. Whether you are new to children’s ministry or are a veteran yourself this book will sharpen you and help you understand not just what’s good or helpful but what’s essential. This book needed to be written years ago, but it took Mark years to learn it. Now you can learn it without taking years or learning it the hard way. I’ve said this for years, “Experience is the best teacher but it doesn’t have to be your experiences that you learn from.” The Red Book is packed full of practical, hands-on experience from one of the best I know.
Children's & Family Ministry Pioneer, Author, Coach, Orange Thinker
The Red Book is a breath of fresh air, a commanding call to action, and an invitation for the church to take children's ministry seriously so we can make a difference like never before! This book is a must-read for anyone who ministers to children and families in the church.
Author of The Volunteer Code and CEO/Publisher at Kidzmatter
Mark Harper has been a voice of influence in children’s ministry for decades. In his new book, The Red Book, he shares his years of wisdom in an easy to read and apply format. The Red Book isn’t about everything in kid’s ministry, it’s about the things that matter most. Every chapter is chocked full of principles that will help you make sure your kid’s ministry is focused on the right thing and on the right person, Jesus.
Executive Family Pastor at Element Church in Wentzville, MO
© 2017 Mark Harper Ministries